Saturday, October 15, 2011

September



Kindergarten manipulated yarn to create different types of lines and become familiar with the Primary Colors. 




Borrowed from Deep Space Sparkle (I love that website!), my 5th graders drew St. Basil's Cathedral and the results were awesome!






Since September is the month we focus on the Element of Art: Line, we do a lot of projects incorporating line into our artwork. I like to have Kindergarten and 1st grade do Abstract Line Designs where they use different colored crayons to draw different types of lines and then paint over them. I guess you could call it a crayon resist. I am not impressed with the watercolors the students used. The watercolors came in a variety pack of regular, glitter, and metallic. While when used correctly they all produce beautiful results but with young hands that think more is better, the artworks tend to get very sticky even when dry. I prefer Dick Blick water colors. 



No comments:

Post a Comment