Thursday, October 20, 2011

Monster Cupcakes and Skulls

My boyfriend and I were in Michaels the other day and saw a box of make-your-own monster cupcakes and decided what a fun project to do together. So this afternoon we got busy making these silly cupcakes and then enjoyed eating a couple. Super easy to make and super cute! Great for a classroom treat!



My 4th graders are working hard on a new project involving skulls. The focus was Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead). At my other school the students went straight into making their designs on Scratch Art paper but I soon realized that that was not a great idea. Half of the students thought they messed up and wanted to start over and ended up wasting a lot of the paper which is expensive. So today, I had the students draw out their designs on white drawing paper. I also have a tub of stencils that they love to play with and they incorporated those into their skull designs. I will post more skull pics next week! 



No comments:

Post a Comment